We talked to our sons about most everything – especially about drinking and driving, not getting in the car with a drunk driver, looking out for their friends in need, BUT we never talked to them about alcohol poisoning. We were not educated on the dangers of alcohol poisoning and the possibility of death from over consumption. We didn’t know the typical signs to look for.
Please educate yourself, your community and the young people in your life. Teach them the signs and the misconceptions about alcohol consumption. Let them know it is more important to do the right thing and to call 911 for help should they suspect their friend is in trouble. Texas has passed a 911 Lifeline Law. Click here to learn more about how it protects underage youth who seek help for a friend who is showing signs of alcohol overdose.
Carson’s death was preventable, had that call been made or that ride to the hospital not been aborted, he would be here today. Help us to save a life from alcohol poisoning and share this life saving information with your young adults.